Thursday, February 3, 2011

Like the lottery

So yesterday.  Hmmm.  I'm betting that wasn't as big of a surprise for you all as it was for us.  I think that I just needed to tell someone, anyone since we are holding off on the big reveal to our families until I am safely out of the first trimester and then the rest of the world will know since we have families with BIG mouths. That being said, my little orange seed or whatever the crap food this little being is called this week on whatever random baby site you read or book you read, is about 7 - 8 weeks.  I don't know for sure since there is all of that weird date of conception versus date of last period jazz.  I know that I wanted my 30th birthday to be a big deal but I really wasn't think a baby due the same week as my birthday.  Life throws some crazy stuff at you some time. 

So I'm going to break it down for you. 

Bad:

- Morning sickness was right on schedule and started about a week ago. And this stuff don't kid around. Week one and a half of it and I surrender.  I have sat in my cubicle thinking I was just going to vomit in the trashcan because there was no way I was barfing in that piss pot that other nasty people put their stank butts on.  I have also pulled off of the side of the road because it was so overpowering.  I can't wait for the next five or so weeks of this good stuff. 

- Constipation.  Enough said.

- My fairly large girl parts are already larger and uncomfortable.  This does not bode well for a few months from now.


BEST EVER:

- I"M HAVING A BABY!!!!

- Repeat, repeat, repeat.

- I think my husband said it best when I told him that we were going to wait a while to tell people and his response was "That sucks. It's like we won the lottery and we can't tell people." Seriously, he compared winning the lottery to having a baby.  I think that tells you that he agrees with the first bullet.


On a serious note, thank you all for your sweet emails and comments.  I am so overwhelmed with worry and happiness that I think I may burst at any moment.  I don't know how my coworkers and family can't just look at me and tell that I am pregnant.  But I know it is so early which is why I need to will this little being happy and healthy in my stomach until safe arrival.  Since no one is even aware of this, that will is especially important for the next few weeks. 

For good times, here is the tummy at the beginning. I'm thinking that this may get too embarrassing to do this with the shirt up in the future. Week 6.


2 comments:

  1. Hello, my fellow Christmas conceiver. Have you met my daughter? Born on September 14, 2009? Yeah... she was either Christmas Ever or Christmas Day. Coulda been either one. We had a very festive holiday in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have warned you about the knockers. Holy crap. I didn't even know they made bras in the size I ended up having to get. And I'm sorry you have morning sickness - yuck! You make me laugh so much talking about stank asses. : )

    ReplyDelete