Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It gets better

Remember how I said that 2011 is going to be a good year.  I think that it's already looking better. Perhaps it is just that 2010 was a tough year but I am still feeling like 2011 is better already.

Brooks is getting so close to getting his FINAL degree completed that we both are starting to freak out a little about it. He is freaking out because he has so much work left to do and still working on funding to do it.  I am freaking out because I am realizing that soon we will have two real incomes.  I know he has to finish his field work, lab studies, write that pesky dissertation and complete comps but still. It is so close in relative - this has already taken four years - terms. One plus for 2011. 

We are planning a trip to Tennessee at the end of March, which mean we should get to see some of our friends from there that we weren't able to see when we breezed through at Christmas.  Another plus for 2011.

The basement project that I mentioned in my last post is slowly becoming a reality.  It will be pretty awesome to have a living area and a completed laundry space and storage versus just a holding ground for a cat litter pan, patio furniture and storage tubs.  We'll probably move my husband's office down there as well.  Another plus for 2011. 

And then there is this.  Another plus for 2011.  A big plus I think. 







6 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG! Yay! Congrats! Hugs! And all sorts of other exciting words with exclamation points! (!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!! Congrats! So excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaaah!! Really?!?! Oh my goodness, congrats!!!!! So exciting!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! Congrats! I totally didn't see that coming in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- congrats on that big news, and all the rest, too! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh! I missed it! I mean, here I am reading it right this moment, but I'm three days late (no pun intended). I've been on vacation, so at least I have a good excuse. Congratsies!

    ReplyDelete